Sunday, August 9, 2009

Another weekend draws to a close

I made a trip to the farmer's market this morning - see my take in the photo. Fresh okra, heirloom tomatoes, hybrid yellow and white sweet corn, a spicy salad mix, cucumbers and huge cherry tomatoes. Yum.

Sean and I will be digging into some of these treats this evening. I am planning some grilled tuna, a salad out of the heirloom tomato and cucumber with some olive oil and basil and some sourdough and Parmesan mini toasts on the side.

I've also got two loaves of whole wheat bread in the oven - they should make good peanut butter and jelly sandwiches this week with the new blackberry jam. Overall, a very successful and productive weekend.

I am not sure how it's possible, but the weekend has, once again, flown by so quickly. We ran the usual errands and did the usual chores and somehow it's Sunday afternoon. I find myself making plans for the work week ahead... preparing lunches, ironing clothes, thinking about meetings.

Did I mention, Daina and Paul will be here this time next week? Sean and I are so very excited and can't wait to see their smiling faces. I assure you, next Sunday I WILL NOT be thinking about the work week.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

EPIC TUNA! The salad was fantastic as well, but that tuna was amaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing!

Daina said...

YAY!!!